Do you want to be responsible for the creation of data products to accelerate Vattenfall’s digital transformation strategy? Do you want to become part of a team that develops and keeps our data together in a data platform?
As a Data Engineer you will have an important role in capturing the potential that analytics can give Vattenfall. You will design, build and integrate data from various sources. You will write complex data queries and create data infrastructure in a simple and efficient matter. You will visualize data for the business to make it possible to e.g. increase decision accuracy and improve process efficiency.
Your stack will mainly consist of Azure related services as Vattenfall use the Azure platform (cloud based). The technology develops rapidly and continuous learning will be key to make sure to use technology in the best way. Business Intelligence and analytics is a strategic area for Vattenfall with high priority and there will be good opportunities to develop your profession as BI developer.
Data Engineers will work closely with our business partners which consist of all business units in Vattenfall that have a customer relation. Will you help them getting better insight in our customers’ demands?
Feel energized? Great! Then read on because there is more in it for you.
• You have a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
• Learning new tools and software development skills is your second nature
• You have at least 2 years’ experience in software development
• You think about data as a massive asset to leverage
• You are keen on automation using Continuous Integration/Delivery tooling
• You have an Agile mindset and SCRUM way of working
• You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team (local and international)
• Last but not least you are not afraid to drink a cup of coffee with a product owner
• Familiar with Data lakes, Blobs, Stream Analytics and SQL databases
• Able to create data pipelines, using e.g. Data Factory
• Experience in enabling analysis using e.g. Azure DW or Azure Analysis Services (AAS)
• Familiar with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing and version control (e.g. VSTS, ARM, GIT or similar)
• Familiar with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
• Strong interest in bringing data science solutions to life together with data scientists using e.g. Python or R
• Proficient in spoken and written English, Swedish is beneficial
• Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable degree
Our offer is:
• Being part of setting up a new key area for Vattenfall and part in a transformation process where business intelligence is a success factor for our business
• A professional environment where your business intelligence knowledge and attitude will bring us one step further.
• A central office location with easy access, by either public transport or car.
• Furthermore, a healthy work-life balance (smart working) and time to develop your profession as BI Developer.
• At Vattenfall you get the opportunity to work for a clean energy company that aims for creating fossil free energy within one generation.
• And last but not least; International and multi-cultural work environment with energetic, motivated colleagues that like to have fun as well!
• P.S we also have free gym and training classes (Football, Innebandy, Yoga, Salsa etc) in our Solna office
Location: Solna, Sweden
You must be living or eligible to work in Sweden.
For more information, please contact:
Recruiter, Nidhi Illman +46 72 702 7861 or email@example.com
Jenny Malmkvist (acting Manager Customer Analytics) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade union representatives in Sweden: please call switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
Sofi Wadström (Akademikerna), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO).
We look forward to receiving your application!
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds.